Friday, May 7, 2010

Greenhouse work

All the tomatoes (about 700) are transplanted into cells now - at some point, I'll have to list the kinds. There must be 15 or 20 varieties. I will probably have some extra plants to sell at the Market or to share with people. I am sooo hungry for tomatoes - did not get my normal fill last year after the blight hit us.

We had a great work crew here yesterday and got the whole garden by the house weeded, cultivated, thinned. We harvested quite a bit of lettuces, spinach and radishes. Veggies are growing faster than normal because of the warm weather. If any of you are interested in an early CSA box, let me know.

Today, rainy, cold. Good day for Greenhouse work. This is what I planted: 50 cells each of Suhyo Long & General Lee cucumbers, Basil, mixed summer squashes, Petite Yellow watermelons, Hannah's Choice muskmelons; 72 cells each of Tendergreen broccoli, Ruby Perfection and Gonzalez cabbage, Buttercrunch and Anuenue head lettuce; plus channels of celery seed. I hope it's not too early for the cukes, squashes and melons!

No comments:

Post a Comment